Thank you to everyone who walked, volunteered, donated and cheered us on! We raised over $20,000 to support our mission!
The Marin Foster Care Association (MFCA) is a community organization comprised of foster, fost-adopt, relative and non-relative care providers, CASA’s, attorneys, social workers, and community members. Anyone with a heart for children can be a Member/Supporter of the MFCA!
MFCA’s Mission Statement:
- Our mission is to achieve consistent, safe, quality care for the well being of all foster children by providing support services and advocacy to Resource Families*.
* Foster and Fost-Adopt Families, Relative and Non-relative caregivers.
Our primary objectives and purposes are:
- To bring together all resource families, agency personnel and community members committed to supporting foster youth.
- To promote cooperation, communication and understanding between those providing care for children and the general public and all organizations/agencies involved in the lives of children in the dependency system by encouraging and maintaining communications, and the interchange of ideas and cooperation between the caregivers, county agencies and communities.
- To cooperate, advocate and take actions necessary to improve foster care services.
- To encourage recruitment and retention of foster caregivers and others working in the field of foster care.
- To encourage community involvement and offer training and education of those who provide care to children in the dependency system.
- To inform the foster care community of the current information pertaining to the welfare of children.
Foster parenting is a challenging job and it is essential that caregivers find the support they need. We can help! The MFCA offers the following services:
- Regular trainings
- Monthly newsletters
- Events for foster families and social workers such as our Appreciation Event in May, annual picnic in June, and annual Holiday Event
- Distribution of grant funding for tutoring and enrichment
- Donation distributions available at our Community Resource Center (CRC)
- Quarterly meetings between Children and Family Services and foster parents