At this time we are only accepting donations of new, unwrapped toys, games and other holiday gift items for Marin County foster children.
Please visit our Wish List and Urgent Requests page to see a complete list of gift suggestions.
The Marin Foster Care Association (MFCA) is a community organization comprised of foster, fost-adopt, relative and non-relative care providers, CASA’s, attorneys, social workers, and community members. Anyone with a heart for children can be a Member/Supporter of the MFCA!
MFCA’s Mission Statement:
- Our mission is to achieve consistent, safe, quality care for the well being of all foster children by providing support services and advocacy to Resource Families*.
* Foster and Fost-Adopt Families, Relative and Non-relative caregivers.
Our primary objectives and purposes are:
- To bring together all resource families, agency personnel and community members committed to supporting foster youth.
- To promote cooperation, communication and understanding between those providing care for children and the general public and all organizations/agencies involved in the lives of children in the dependency system by encouraging and maintaining communications, and the interchange of ideas and cooperation between the caregivers, county agencies and communities.
- To cooperate, advocate and take actions necessary to improve foster care services.
- To encourage recruitment and retention of foster caregivers and others working in the field of foster care.
- To encourage community involvement and offer training and education of those who provide care to children in the dependency system.
- To inform the foster care community of the current information pertaining to the welfare of children.
Foster parenting is a challenging job and it is essential that caregivers find the support they need. We can help! The MFCA offers the following services:
- Regular trainings (aka Ed Nights)
- Monthly newsletters
- Events for foster families and social workers such as our annual picnic in June, annual Meet and Greet in May and annual Holiday Event
- Distribution of grant funding for tutoring and enrichment
- Donation distributions available at our Community Resource Center (CRC)
- Quarterly meetings between Children and Family Services and foster parents